Get Bankrolled For Your Down Payment
If you’re looking for down payment assistance in Louisiana, financial aid is available. The Louisiana Housing Corporation (LHC) offers help for first time property purchasers who need a little extra support coming up with the funds for the down payment.
The Market Rate GNMA Program provides up to 4% of the purchase price to be used towards the down payment:
- Competitive 30-year fixed rate
- Available for purchase of Single Family housing (1 unit principal residence)
- Property must be located in Louisiana
- Household income up to 115% of area median income
- Minimum credit score of 640
- First-time homebuyer requirement does not apply
- Up to 4% assistance for down payment, closing costs and/or prepaid items
- No origination or discount fees
- No additional bond documents or compliance package
For complete details and to get the application process started, please visit the LHC webpage.
More Louisiana Down Payment Assistance
In addition to this statewide DPA program, you should also check to see if there are local first time home buyer programs offered in Louisiana that provide additional help which can be applied toward your down payment.