Investigate Financial Assistance Available Near You
First time home buyers in Virginia have many options available to them for help in purchasing their first residence. In addition to the statewide first time home buyer grants offered by the Virginia Department Of Housing And Community Development (DHCD), there are local housing agencies that provide financial assistance to 1st time property buyers as well.
Contact Info For Local Programs
Follow the various resources below to determine 1st time homebuyer program amounts and requirements available in towns, cities, and counties in VA:
Regional and Local Organizations
Hampton Roads Area
- Center for Community Development
- Hampton Roads Planning District Commission
- Housing Partners, Inc.
- Newport News Redevelopment & Housing Authority
- Norfolk Redevelopment & Housing Authority
- Virginia Beach Department of Housing & Neighborhood Preservation
- Virginia Beach Community Development Corporation
- Chesapeake Redevelopment & Housing Authority
- Portsmouth Redevelopment & Housing Authority
Southwest Virginia Area
Shenandoah Valley Area
Northern Virginia Suburbs
Roanoke Valley Area
Program funding and availability is constantly changing. Keep up to date by visiting first time home buyers in Virginia.