Learn About Assistance Available Near You
First time home buyers in Montana have many options available to them for help in purchasing their first residence. In addition to the two statewide down payment assistance programs offered in Montana, there are local housing agencies that provide financial assistance to 1st time property buyers as well.
Contact Info For Local Programs
Follow the various resources below to determine 1st time homebuyer program amounts and requirements in your Montana town, city, or county:
- City of Billings – closing costs and down payment assistance (406) 657-3045 or TDD (406) 657-8252
- Bozeman – Human Resource Development Council: offers homeownership opportunities for low income families – (406) 587-4486
- City of Glendive – Home Program: rehabilitation funds and closing costs – (406) 377-3318 ext. 17
- Great Falls – NeighborWorks Great Falls: down payment and closing costs assistance – (406) 761-5861
- City of Lewistown – Affordable Homebuyer Program – (800) 766-3018 or (406) 535-7488
- City of Missoula – Office of Planning & Grants – (406) 258-4657
- Missoula Housing Corporation – Down payment assistance – (406) 543-5135
- Missoula – Human Resource Council District XI
- Ronan – Lake County Community Housing Organization – Down payment assistance – (406) 676-5901
- Whitefish Housing Authority - Homeownership Program – (406) 862-4143
- District VI Human Resources Development Council – homeownership assistance available in Fergus, Judith Basin, Wheatland, Petroleum, Musselshell and Golden Valley Counties – (406) 535-7488 or (800) 766-3018
Program funding and availability is constantly changing. Keep up to date by visiting first time home buyers in Montana.