The Ohio Housing Finance Agency provides a special first time home buyer grant program exclusively to graduates. In addition, it offers a down payment assistance program that effectively turns into a grant if you live in your home for a period of 7 years. You can read about that program here.
- Be a first-time homebuyer purchasing a single family home
- Meet OHFA income and purchase price limits. The limits vary by county.
- Apply for the grant within 48 months of graduating from an educational institute recognized by the US Department of Education’s Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutes having earned an associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree
- Obtain a mortgage through an OHFA participating lender
- Complete a free homebuyer education course offered by a HUD-approved housing counseling agency
Any further questions can be sent to the OHFA directly at:
Office of Homeownership
Ohio Housing Finance Agency
57 East Main Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215